Friday, April 24, 2009

Ding 70...

Well I log on last night hoping to push my uber DK up to 70. He was just standing there looking bad as heck.. I had checked armory during the day and found out that he lost all his talents. So I go to re-talent the poor schmuck.. and wait a second.. wth?

Talents = 0
unspent talents = 0

How is that? So I ask around to other DK's.. maybe its a quirk or something.. Nope. Nobody is having any issues. Soooooooo I put in a ticket with a GM. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait.

Then I got tired of waiting and just decided that I wanted to hit 70 anyway. So off I went. Did you know a 69 DK can hold off 12 pirates in borean tundra? No you didn't cuz I couldn't do it. I ended up killing 5 of them before they got me. Next time I managed to kill 8. Why am I killing pirates? was I on a quest? No. I was doing my new "brainiac" idea of using my DK's ability to run ON water to get me places faster (straight line, and all that). Just so happened the cove of pirates that you quest in later was in my way. So anyway, I rounded up the tuskar quests in the valley of crazy mages and demon dogs, and pounded them out. Then migrated to "amber ledge" to talk to dragons.. and kill/skin dragonkin. DING..

Wow, that really didn't take that long did it? (don't answer.. you weren't there anyway) So I look at my talents again to see if maybe another point might have un-screwed it up for me. HA HA! I have points to spend! So I put in a point on improved icy reach or whatever.. and boom.. all gone again.

RINGALING (not a quote, but close)
GM- Hi read your petition about not having talent points.. sucks to be you. I'll just hand that over to our technical staff to handle
Me- Is there an ETA or an average wait time?
(7 minutes pass)
GM- This is an automated message your GM is not listening to this. Deal with it.

Now given that GM's have typically been really cool for me, I don't understand this kinda thing. I was basically fed a canned answer and then disconnected so I couldn't talk to the guy/gal/robot. My hopes are that if I can sneak away from family time this weekend, Ole Grimrpr will have his talents restored or totally reset. Either way.. I just like seeing what I have so I can compare and contrast things I may/maynot want for the future.

So if you are the GM that ignored me.. in the future good customer service would dictate you say something like (do not reply to this) in the first message so I know I just got a update and not that there is someone wanting to speak to me about my issue. I'm not hard to please.. I thought talking to a GM would be neat, and it kinda was.. didn't really get any responses.. ever.. but as long as the problem gets fixed, why should I care.. Right?

To 70... and BEYOND!!

No comments: