Friday, September 5, 2008

Compelling post numero Uno

Like the title? Well that's what this is.. a post of compelling information... of stories.. Of how-to's..

Ok so its not really.. Really its fluff.

I haven't done much in wow lately. Real life issues and the continued obvious procrastination of not having my main rig running wow.. Its just been a pain. Even with ati back.. Now I seem to have so much fun goofing off that I'm not pushing any toons up. I'm running around killing 70 hordies in lakeshire.. or.. killing belfs in southshore.. or.. killing belfs anywhere.. I have lost interest in PVP where I am often outgeared more than outclassed.. and outnumbered (due to poor alliance teamwork). So the real world aspect of PvP is better for me. I come accross some 70's flagged.. I wax em. I have said it before on this blog, but 1:1.. I am REALLY hard to beat. REALLY REALLY hard. I have lost about 2 duels.. maybe 4 ever. EVER with mcgoo. I duel a lot too. I try dueling any class at all times with any pet I have out. So far I have lost to a full s3 priest (holy if you believe it), and the best Enh shaman I have ever seen (we ended up about 50/50 so I consider that a point of pride). The priest.. simply burned me.. then healed himself everytime my felpup left him for a second.. he had like a dozen things healing him at once.. and I couldn't get him below 10%. This was his resilience beating my (at the time, almost no PVP gear) +dmg. I still think that the affliction and destruction tree need a bit of a boost to overcome resilience in their dots, or bolts. I mean it seems odd that a sl/sl lock can roll with you and has no pvp gear.. but mcgoo would loose to him even though all this other stuff.. due to the high resistances of the felpup (fine, demo's need that), and the rediculous utility of soul link and siphon life (neither of which should be nerfed, btw). What I am saying is if you are that deep into affy you should be given a 'this talent negates 100,200 resilience to all dots' addition to UA. This allows the other trees to PVP also. (and of course I meant that shadowfury should do the same for destro's..).

I don't want to PvP all the time anyway, or level. But right now killing random looser hordies makes my day.. (again.. I'm full affy raiding spec, so its not like a reasonable pvp class in pvp gear shouldn't be able to stomp me, the fact that they don't means they suck).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're much braver than me in the duelling arena for sure!

I hate duelling with a passion, and thus don't like Arenas either... but battlegrounds with more people around are fine by me.

I had a lvl 22 rogue want to duel my 61 warrior when I was at the Darkmoon Faire outside of Elwynn Forest, and I declined that as well...

I hate duelling!

Valdesta
My Player blog

Geek Gmr said...

Well I am a gnome usually, and there is this "short man's complex" I have to overcome...

No seriously, I actually PREFER dueling people who SHOULD beat me.. just to see if I can hang with them. I have dueled (probably blogged it) a druid who was 8-9 levels higher than me with my pally and won. Why do I do it? I like to just see...

Dwarf dueled ati (in his full season 1 epics) and came DURN close to winning. I continually knock around my buddy Yara (EPIC EPIC frost mage pvp guruguru) with mcgoo. Most times winning with full health.. Maybe its a talent.. or maybe I just like fighting.. probably both.. I have been kicked around tho.. but mostly on 1:1 (with even footing) I end up on top a majority of the time.

Arena is tough.. you gotta get someone else with your talents/ complimentary to your makeup.. Then there are strategies.. are yo ua burn team? are you a CC team? are you a melee heavy team? are you a "pop goes the weazel" team (what I call rogues/druids galore or a whole team stealthed encounter).. I did fair in arena.. my stats attest to it.. but I was by no means good.. and Meg from OOM would probably vomit on my record after laughing herself into a coma..