Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The switch Evil to Holy

Well as the name of the blog implies I am a Warlock, I dabble in the forces of evil the same way fat people dabble in buffets...

My favorite, favorite character in all of World of Warcraft is my priest. I started him with the expressed intent to be a shadow priest, and he may well swing around and do that at some point. However I am LOVING healing. I was main healer for 2-4 VC runs, and it was grand. I heard that mana was a big consideration for priests, so I have a lot of spirit (for my level), as well as heal/mana pots on hand, with some good bandages. Basically my intention is to be able to heal myself with bandages/pots.. and my group with my mana and healing abilities. I do almost no damage at all. It's really pathetic. I did find in my last run I was doing more damage than a same level rogue. I took this to mean he sucked. My offensive abilities are described thusly, and are used only when the group has an "oh crap!" moment, or when we are fighting a boss:

1. Shadow Word: Pain
2. Wand (continually, and I'm wand spec'd so I do okay here if I had a good wand anyway)

That's it. I can DoT, and wand, and thats all I ever really do. I have been known to mindblast the runners to see if I can kill them.. but thats about it. DPS is for everyone else.. I heal.. If its not intensive I can do a little DPS but wanding is best (save mana for heals).

Being Dranny I can use a nifty spell called "symbol of hope" which increases mana regen. If you're in a group with a hunter/lock/mage.. they instantly love you for doing this in a fight. So Dranny priests get much love with our extra HoT (Gift of the Naaru), and Symbol of Hope.. we apparently rule all.

I'll try shadow someday, but now..I'm happy healing.

No comments: