Friday, June 6, 2008

Priorities.. and overlap

Wow is a priority to me. Not the TOP priority.. but I find if I go too many days without playing SOME video game.. Life tends to beat me down a bit too much.

Now in game of late my priority has shifted off of Mcgoo and onto my hunter (dwarfenstuff.. just "dwarf" when I talk about him). Goal is to have 3 lvl 70's by expansion (what Val says and scares me, might be november) which shouldn't be hard by any standards. I've been ignoring raids and ignoring invites from ppl doing heroics for a while now (by ignoring I mean I say no thanks), to push these guys up to 70. Last night.. I got weak.

Raid leader: "Hey black temple?"
me: "um.. gosh no but thanks for asking!"

Sounds like I said no right, and its not a big deal. BUT in guild chat.. the poor guy is like BEGGING for a dps for BT. Now I feel like an ass. This guy has gone out of his way to help me out in ways that no other guild has.. and in ways many guilds could not. So my first thought is..

"dude.. you gotta go.. They've been awesome to you, even when you are in greens they took you to SSC, thats rediculous! don't be an ass log onto Mcgoo and put your hat in the ring"

Sounds sensible.. Then my second thought...

"zomg.. BT?!?! are you friggin kidding me? YOU are not a spec for any REAL damage.. You're PVP spec'd still. Going will hinder them more than anything else as they'll be waiting on your friggin corruption and shadowbolts for dmg, and the damage just won't be there like it would for a raiding lock spec.."

Also logical. Its Black-friggin-Temple. Until the sunwell thing fell out onto WoW it was the NEXT TO THE LAST raid for the WHOLE HONKIN GAME. How awesome is this guild to even give an SL/SL lock a invite for this? Sure my help will be marginal.. sure I'm close to the same damage level output as the healers.. but they need a guy.. so I'm going.

Well guess what...

We got STOMPED. Horrendously. I don't even know the guy's name, but was told he's the first boss and not really hard. For some reason we couldn't do anything right and it was a huge cluster.. well you get the point. Nobody reacted to the "spine", people popped the bubble early.. it was ridiculous. We got him down to a pitiful 15% and that was as far down as we ever got him. We wiped 3 times on him also. So I think to myself.. man it'd have been nice to blow this guy away and see what kind of goodies he drops.. (another thing.. my guild gives me a fair shot at loot, even though I've been in less than 20 raids EVER. I'm not a regular.. I'm not a top dmg dealer.. and they give me a /roll on stuff. These guys ROCK. I have gotten a few goodies in raids, most of it is stuff that nobody else wanted, and thats fine with me.. one of the benefits of everyone being better geared than me, is that I get a few goodies nobody wants. My one thing I got that a LOT of people drooled over was my sword "fang of the leviathan". It was precisely this win that made me smile big and be proud of the open mindedness of the guild. Nobody even complained.. There were only "grats goo" on vent/raid. Now they prolly all hated me but I was the only guy without an epic weapon.. so I feel no shame in taking it). I log back into my dwarf and start pushing to 61 again now almost empty of playtime and send a msg to atikam who I left to go raid..

me: "hey man"
ati: "hey how was Black Temple?"
me: "sucked, all I got was a repair bill.. LOL!"
ati: "LOL"

A good T shirt idea? I think so.

No comments: